Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Going vegetarian

I was eating a mouthful of beef when I read, on facebook, about the bill which would once again fund USDA inspectors for horse slaughter.  That was it.  PERIOD.  I was DONE with red meat.  I've been vegetarian (I still eat cheese) now for 3 weeks and I feel so much better!  I eat lots of beans and rice and broccoli.  Am I hungry?  Nope.  Not at all.  I found a line of frozen vegetarian meals from Amy's foods and I stocked up on them at WINCO.  Lots of enchilladas and Spanish casseroles with beans and rice.  YUMMY!!!  And, I feel so much better!  My finger joints don't hurt any more!   :-)  That's good news by itself, but I actually have more energy and don't feel sluggish (not digesting dead cow any more!)  I bought a book, Vegan Bite by Bite, and I'm enjoying reading through it and all the recipes it contains.  How about you?  Are you still eating meat?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have also given up meat and have experienced the same health benefits as you mentioned. I am also attempting to get back in the swing of walking in the morning, hard to do on those cold mornings.
I am also angered by the horse slaughter notion that believes this is normal!!! Horses have been our servants, guides, mentors and friends through history. Glad to see this mentioned on your blog. Thanks!